Fish Learning Fridays | DIY Fish Holiday Ornament
‘Tis the season! Perfect timing for a DIY fish holiday ornament. Great for all age levels (with help from parents/adult supervision) and a perfect craft to do with the whole family!
Materials list includes:
- Plastic or glass clear circle ornament(s)
- Thin ribbon or twine of your choosing
- Small bag of gravel or rocks in any color of your choosing (if you have a fish tank, you could use some of the gravel from the tank)
- Small, Plastic Fish in various colors (these can be found on Amazon, Party supplies sites)
- Clear fishing line
- Sewing Needle
Once you have gathered and/or purchased all materials, it is time to start creating your fish tank ornament! Start with the below instructions:
- Remove the metal top of your circle ornament.
- Carefully, fill your ornament a ¼ of the way full of gravel and/or rock.
- Next, cut a small piece of fishing line, and a tie knot on the one end of it and then, thread your sewing needle with the line (adult assistance suggested).
- Choose your plastic fish and poke a hole through the top fin of the plastic fish with the threaded needle allowing the knot to catch the hole (adult assistance suggested).
- Tie the other end of the line to the top metal piece of the ornament.
- Gently, push the plastic fish into the clear ornament and then secure the metal top of the ornament back onto the clear ornament.
- Cut a piece of ribbon/twine and tie it to the top of your ornament.
- Hang it on your tree for all to see!
Please share your holiday masterpieces with us via our social media pages using the hashtag, #FishLearningFridays, or on Our Community page on our website and check back on Fridays for new activities!