- What does API ACCU-CLEAR™ water clarifier do?
API ACCU-CLEAR water clarifier clears green or cloudy water in freshwater aquariums by clumping small particles together into larger pieces, so they can settle to the bottom of your aquarium to be siphoned out, or easily removed by the filter.
- Is API ACCU-CLEAR™ water clarifier safe with fish and plants?
Yes, API ACCU-CLEAR water clarifier is a safe product for both fish and plants.
- Why can’t API ACCU-CLEAR™ water clarifier be used in marine aquariums?
In water with a high mineral content, such as the water found in marine (or saltwater) aquariums, API ACCU-CLEAR water clarifier will not clear cloudiness and could even make it worse. However, API ACCU-CLEAR water clarifier will not cause any harm to fish or marine plants.
- Can API ACCU-CLEAR™ water clarifier be used if I have added salt to the water in my freshwater aquarium as part of a supportive treatment for fish?
Yes, a low level of salt in the water, as is typically the case with freshwater aquariums, is not a problem with API ACCU-CLEAR water clarifier. However, API ACCU-CLEAR water clarifier does not act as a healing treatment for fish like aquarium salt. Its primary purpose is for aquarium cleanliness and clarity.
- Will API ACCU- CLEAR™ water clarifier clear the cloudiness caused by bacterial blooms?
API ACCU-CLEAR water clarifier will help to clear the cloudiness caused by bacterial blooms, but does not address the underlying cause. As a result, the cloudiness will come back quickly unless the main cause of bacterial blooms is treated.
- Can I repeat the dose of API ACCU-CLEAR™ water clarifier if the cloudiness persists?
API ACCU-CLEAR water clarifier can be dosed again after 24 hours. However, further doses should not be added after this, as repeated doses will actually make cloudiness worse. API ACCU-CLEAR water clarifier can be dosed once a week as a routine treatment to help keep water clear, but if cloudiness persists, you may want to perform a 25% water change.